cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma iP4500 - Black Cartridge not printing

dsachi
Apprentice

my black PGBK cartridge is not printing at all.  I've tried a couple of new cartridges. I've done the headcleaning and nozzle checks...the other colors are all perfect but the PGBK part of the nozzle check is totally blank.  It can still print pictures, but the text portion is totally missing  Two bad cartridges!!??  Is there a way to print text without this PGBK cartridge working?    This printer is a Pixma iP4500 with five colors... The large Black ink cartridge is labeled "PGI-5BK -Compatible Cartridge - Black". All the other color cartridges are the same brand and working fine.

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi dsachi,

Since the cleanings did not resolve the issue there is most likely a issue with the print head and the printer would need to be replaced. The iP4500 was retired in 2013 and service/parts are no longer available.

You do qualify for the Canon Upgrade Program.

This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call the Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST. Let them know you have been working with technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Announcements