cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma TS9520 can it print with operational panel closed?

abb654
Apprentice

Greetings,

Seems the Pixma TS9520 printer I just purchased will not print unless the operational panel is open.  This seems very odd and is not good for the set up on my desk.  I am afraid it will get hit and broken off or something.  I am getting support code 1240 with indciation to open operational panel.  When I open the operational panel it prints fine.  Due to this feature I am thinking of returning it?  Any ideas?  Just seems odd... 

Suggestions of a model where the operational panel does not have to be open in order to print? 

Thank you,

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi abb654,

The operation panel must be open for your PIXMA TS9520.  It will not print with the panel closed.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

WendyH
Contributor

I agree and sympathize with your frustration completely.   My 10-year old inexpensive Pixma (mg5220) could open the flap by itself on demand.  It is disappointing to see such backwards technology in a more expensive product.   

Not to mention that keeping the output tray out and the panel open, it just looks messy.  My setup is in a visible part of the house and I hate how it looks.  Keeping it buttoned up neat is not practical for printing throughout the house from different locations.

I haven't disabled and archived my mg5220 yet.  It beats the TS9520 in several respects.  I am still considering my options.  As with everything there are pros and cons, but so far I kinda regret the TS9520 purchase.  

Gasman2014
Apprentice

I was searching for how to automate the flap opening and landed here. This is pretty annoying t.b.h. Like many users I want to tidy my printer away when not in use - with the flap out it is untidy and vulnerable to damage. I print from several locations and I'm getting fed up with printing something only to find that when I was to the printer, nothing has come out because the flap is closed. My 10 year old Canon predecessor managed this and it seems a very short sighted to have removed this functionality - for the sake of a few cents/pence. ☹️

Announcements