cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma TS8350 won't scan with Apple OS Catalina 10.15.5

Livfoss
Apprentice

I have a new iMac and a new Pixma TS8350 multifunction printer. This printer is wireless only, i.e. there is no possibility of a wired connection.

I have installed all the suggested sofware, and I note that this configuration does not need a specific driver for the printer. I find that printing works as expected, but scanning to the computer doesn't work at all. I have tried the Canon IJ Scan Utility 2.3.7 utility and also Apple's Image Capture software, many many times. Image capture detects the scanner but can't open it, giving an error (-21345). I tried calling Canon Support about this and they suggested that my firewall settings might be wrong - but my firewall is off. Signal strength of the wifi is 100%, as the printer, router and computer are all within half a metre of each other.

The scanner will scan to Dropbox and presumably other cloud services, so the wifi is being actively detected and used by the device.

What can be wrong and why can't Canon simply solve the problem?

1 REPLY 1

Porcha
Rising Star

Hi,

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however, we need to let you know that the Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, to go: https://global.canon and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Announcements