cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma TS 3120 Encoder Strip fell out

mikeh92
Apprentice

How do I reinstall the encosder strip in my Pixma TS 3120?

It had a paper or carrier jam & the strip fell out when I opened the cover to remove carrtridges....

Thank you!

Mike

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Gosh, never heard of a timing strip "falling out".  Then, I found a youtube video where the person it happened too took a hammer to her printer.  It didn't end well.  In most cases it invloves considerable disassemby.  They all attach differently and can be easily damaged.  Given the TS3120's pricepoint, I'd replace the printer as the cost of service, shiping and/or repair will likely exceed its value.  The exception would be if its under warranty.  You can contact canon to review your options. 

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/service-repair 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hello Rick,

Thanks for the suggestion- as I figured at this price point I'd wind up doing exactly as you suggested.

I did disassemble the top & replace the encoder strip, but it continues to give the P10 error code still.

Still trying.....

- Mike

Hi mikeh92,

If your printer is still in it's 1 year warranty and you have a copy of the printers proof of purchase, please call Canon at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST excluding holidays. They can look into processing a warranty exchange for you.

If the printer is out of warranty, you qualify for the Canon Upgrade program.

This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST. Let them know you have been working with technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Announcements