cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Printer Ink Spilling / Blotting - please help!

jordsturner
Apprentice

Hello,

I've got a Pixma MG 7750 and am having some serious problems with the black ink seeming to spill at times on the page, though sometimes it is more of a blot.

I've tried every cleaning option on the printer numberous times, and have tried changing the ink tanks without any success. Sometimes it has cleaned it up and I've been able to print a few pages with hardly any marks, but then it happens again. The inks aren't genuine Canon (eek) but I've been using them for months without any problems. Would anyone please be able to help me?

I'd appreciate any help you can give me! Thanks!

Jordan

p.s. here's some photos as examples

FullSizeRender(1).jpg

FullSizeRender(1).jpg

3 REPLIES 3

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

...The inks aren't genuine Canon (eek) but I've been using them for months without any problems. Would anyone please be able to help me?

I'd appreciate any help you can give me! Thanks!

I think you may have answered your own question here.

Personally, I've had good luck with one specific brand of third-party ink carts in my old Canon i960 printer. But they are not the absolutely cheapest third party inks. For the low prices I see for some of these tanks I can imagine that their quality control might be lacking. And as a result they may not be venting properly, or they might not be sealing correctly in the print head.

I'd say try a genuine Canon ink cart and see if the problem goes away after a bit of printing. Or if you must, try a different brand of third-party ink. And you probably don't need to run any more cleaning cycles to correct this particular issue. The cleaning cycle is for clearing clogged print nozzles and tends to waste a lot of ink in the process.

Thanks so much for your input. I'll have to buy some genuine inks and see if that solves the problem. It's a shame they're so expensive 😞

mimoi
Apprentice
This also happens to me except that what i always use are genuine canon inks and this still happens. What might be the problem? Can someone enlighten me please because it gets so frustrating at times especially when i mass produce some pertinent documents and there are a lot of papers being wasted.
Announcements