cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX922 will not print to CD tray

tgsemple
Contributor

I followed directions here:

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Desktop-Inkjet-Printers/Printing-direct-to-Printable-CD-on-MX922/...

I am now seeing Disk tray J as a Paper size, but even after selecting this, printer driver display error to close the disk tray and will only print to paper.

macOS: 13.3.1 (22E261)

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020

5 REPLIES 5

tgsemple
Contributor

Tried my Windows computer. The issue is the same: "Close the inner cover"

Finally worked on my old MacBook Pro (El Capitan). The workflow is different: you have to wait until prompted to insert CD tray. But with current Mac/Windows there is no prompt if tray is not inserted, it just starts printing. 

Is there some workaround for this?

And it only works with the EZ Photo software for this older system. Other apps do not prompt for CD tray, and just start printing. And show error if tray is already there and ready.

Danny

Hi, tgsemple!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

Thanks and have a great day!

You are welcome, but I am still looking for a better solution here. Am I doing something 'wrong'? I cannot get it to work with a current OS and Canon drivers for Pixma MX922.

Announcements