cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX922 UV Black Light Ink ???

ColoradoRobert
Contributor

Trying to find a personal printer Company that sells a machine that prints with UV Black Light inks (home use 8x11). I own a Pixma MX922 personal use all-in-one printer, but there aren't any of these cartridges for it. Why?  In this age of designer stuff for us home novices you would think inks like these would be made available. Any leads comments thoughts appreciated.      

8 REPLIES 8

ColoradoRobert
Contributor

Hard to believe people do not want or have any interest in Black Light UV ink cartridges. Come on Canon step up to what a few people really, really want. I hope they will.    

I think there may be cricket activity but not for certain. Maybe I should query Epson and Brother. Does Canon really want them to get all the UV black light ink sales. It's hard to imagine but maybe their superiors never hear of these inquires. Sad, very sad. I will keep trying though.   

Hello, ColoradoRobert.

Please see the following:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/legal/terms-of-use

Specifically, under Unsolicited Ideas: 

Canon U.S.A. and its parent company, subsidiaries and affiliates have been actively engaged in research and development in diversified scientific and business areas for many years. In order to protect the interests of Canon U.S.A., its parent company, affiliates and subsidiaries in the ideas and information which have been conceived or developed internally, and to avoid possible future misunderstandings with you or others, Canon U.S.A. does not solicit ideas, inventions, work samples, materials, demos, and the like or agree to receive any confidential information from persons or entities outside the Canon Group. Canon U.S.A. maintains a strict policy of not accepting or considering any creative ideas, suggestions or materials from the public ("Unsolicited Idea(s)") and therefore you should not submit any Unsolicited Idea(s) to Canon U.S.A. in any User Generated Content through this Services or otherwise. Canon U.S.A. does not wish to receive Unsolicited Idea(s) from you and has expressly advised you not to submit them. If you nonetheless intend to submit an Unsolicited Idea, Canon U.S.A. strongly recommends that you first consult an attorney in order to evaluate the effect that submitting such an Unsolicited Idea would have on any rights that you might otherwise have.

Nonetheless, if you do send Canon U.S.A. an Unsolicited Idea that is not already protected by a United States patent or is not public information, it immediately becomes the property of Canon U.S.A. By submitting an Unsolicited Idea to Canon U.S.A., you agree to convey your ownership interest in the Unsolicited Idea to Canon U.S.A., and that Canon U.S.A. will exclusively own all rights, title and interest therein. Furthermore, Canon U.S.A. and its designees will be free to use, without any compensation to you whatsoever, any concepts, ideas, know-how or techniques contained in any Unsolicited Idea for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing, and marketing products using such information. Neither Canon U.S.A. nor the Canon Group will be liable for such use or disclosure of such Unsolicited Idea or for any similarities in the Unsolicited Idea and any future uses or activities.

Hello Stephen, I do my best to get the attention from marketing and development about my need of UV Black light printer ink for my Pixma. I don't really know of another why to try an contact them. So are you someone who can inquier at their office door (product development).... or is that your door and you are ready to become the next multi-millionaire?  I am not alone in wanting this ink and I would bet there is a market for it if Canon would provide it. Do you know if they ever provided it?  Thanks for the terms of use. 

Why why why.... this seems like a market that would greatly benefit the novice artist and yet Canon, Epson and Brother seem to have no interest. Anybody know of any bootleg UV Black Light ink cartridges that won't mess up my Pixma?   

Hello Canon people is there any hope in getting this idea to the product development people?  Is there a better way to contact them for this?   

ColoradoRobert
Contributor

Anyone know of a printer that uses UV ink.... the kind you see in art posters. When you put them under a black light fluorescent they glow?  Help me out Canon or anyone please.     

ColoradoRobert
Contributor

2022 October UPDATE - What I have read so far from a person using 3D printers he was told that the properties in black light ink/paint could damage printer jets so they would need to be made specifically for that paint/ink. Still all the 1960's to 1980's black light posters were made with some type of printer. I sure wish Canon would provide a printer I think I would buy it especially if it could also do my normal printing jobs. 

Announcements