cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX882 won't scan Code:5,157,61

DoYouKnow
Contributor

The last time I changed the ink cartidges there was a loud crackling sound after I closed the cover. Didn't think it would cause any problems, and I don't know if that caused any problem to the printer. Today I tried to scan and got the following error:

Cannot scan for these reasons:
-Scanner is turned off
-(If using LAN connection) It is disconnected from LAN
-(If using wireless LAN connection) Signal strength is poor due to obstructions.
-Netowrk connection is prohibited by security software
-Different scanner on the network is selected

Please check and try again.
Click [Scanner Selection] if you want to select another scanner
Scanner driver will be closed

Code:5,157,61

I am using the USB cable to scan and print. It was working fine the last time. Today the printer didn't even scan,print, or copy. There was an error from the printing queue and when trying to make a copy it printed a blank page.

I changed some settings to my router but it should have been a problem because I disabled the LAN from the printer's device setup. I would prefer not to use the wireless feature.

How do I fix the printer and get it to print, scan, and copy? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi DoYouKnow,

I recommend going into your control panel and then selecting "View Devices and Printers". From there remove any MX880 series icon listed and then restart you computer. Then go into Add or Remove programs and remove the MP Driver and MP Navigator that is listed. Once that is complete, restart the computer and unplug the usb cord from the printer.

Once the computer restarts, please click HERE and download the MX880 series MP Driver Ver. 1.02. After you select usb connection a message will appear to connect the usb. After the usb is connected, the install will continue and please check to see if Scanner Driver appears in the progress bar. Once the install is complete download and install MP Navigator EX Ver. 4.1.4 from the software tab on the same page.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

StevenMOD
So that the community can better assist you, we will need some more information. Please reply with the answers to the following questions:

What operating system are you currently using?
Can you print a nozzle check pattern?
Have you tried reinstalling your printer's drivers?

We look forward to your response!

What operating system are you currently using?

I am running Windows 7

Can you print a nozzle check pattern?

Yes. Pattern C C C M M M Y BK is printed with corresponding colors

Have you tried reinstalling your printer's drivers?

Yes. I downloaded the driver "MX880 series MP Driver Ver. 1.02 (Windows)" from the following link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mx...

I have retried to scan but the same error exists. I didn't hear anything inside the printer sliding as opposed to when it was working, I could hear the ink cartridges or the scanner sliding back and forth. It just sits still and then the error comes up.

Hi DoYouKnow,

I recommend going into your control panel and then selecting "View Devices and Printers". From there remove any MX880 series icon listed and then restart you computer. Then go into Add or Remove programs and remove the MP Driver and MP Navigator that is listed. Once that is complete, restart the computer and unplug the usb cord from the printer.

Once the computer restarts, please click HERE and download the MX880 series MP Driver Ver. 1.02. After you select usb connection a message will appear to connect the usb. After the usb is connected, the install will continue and please check to see if Scanner Driver appears in the progress bar. Once the install is complete download and install MP Navigator EX Ver. 4.1.4 from the software tab on the same page.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi ArthurJ,

OMG! (Oh My Goodness!). Thank you!

I was so worried I would have to buy another printer. Your solution worked. Before your suggestions, I did reinstall the driver but didn't choose the correct connection - usb cable in my case. However, I didn't uninstall and resinstall the Navigator. Your suggestions to do both worked. 

My scanner was working before, but my laptop has had issues with hacking and that could have caused the corrupted driver and Navigator.

Thank you again. You're awesome.

Announcements