cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX860 compatibility with Mac OS Monterey

RNZ
Apprentice

Have an older Canon printer, MX860, which I'm trying to install on a new MacBook Pro.  Downloaded some drivers and installation was successful, but this is an all-in-one machine and only the printer works.  Can't access scanning function (except "manually" on the machine).  Does anyone have any ideas?  Suggestions appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

There are no drivers available for for the MX860 and MAC OS 12.x.

The IJ networking software is the only application available from Canon:

Support | MX Series | PIXMA MX860 | Canon USA

Support for this device under Monterey is limited.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks shadowsports.  The confusing thing about this is the printer functionality from my Mac with Monterey works just fine over the wireless LAN.  But no scanning that way. Not sure why. Is there a workaround?  

cycob
Apprentice

I also have been nursing a very reliable Canon MX860 printer along with every new Mac OS version.  I use a phenomenal program with my Canon MX860 called VueScan.  They have a try it out download to make sure it works for with your printer and OS.  I bought the "forever license" since Apple has been releasing so many major OS versions over the last few years, I didn't want to have to constantly pay for another year of upgrades.  

Really good idea.  Thanks!  Is VueScan from Canon or is it a third-party program?

Announcements