cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX532: No scan button with macOS Big Sur

fisherod
Apprentice

My Mac running High Sierra has both the print and scan options for my Pixma MX532 but my Mac I just purchased that is running Big Sur can only print.  After I 'added' my MX532 from the Printers & Scanners and selected the printer I do not see the print and scan tabs.  I've checked the image capture.app and do not see my MX532 in the devices or shared devices section. I've tried adding my printer using the Bonjour, Canon IJ Network and USB 'Kind' but for each one I do not see the Print or Scan tab. Printing works for each of those 'printer' setup options but I do not see how to scan.

How do I get my Mac to recognize that my MX532 has a scanner?

Is scanning no longer supported with my MX532 when using Big Sur?

Do I need to load the IJ Scan Utility? Canon says there are no drivers needed for MX532 and Big Sur.

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

When you are on the Canon website for your printer, go to where the operating system shows Big Sur and click on it. A drop down menu will appear and scroll/select Mac OS 11. Then you will be able to download the drivers needed and when you select the software tab, you can download IJ Scan Utility. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements