cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX410 ink absorber reset

rs160030
Apprentice

My Pixma MX410 ink absorber pads have been cleaned and replaced, but the "contact service center" error keeps appearing on startup.  I've read several posts that tell how to reset the ink absorber error, but none of them work on this printer. The blogs that utlize the stop/resume button pushed in concert with the power button don't work, the printer does not go into maintenance mode, nor does it accept further stop/resume presses to reset the counter. Help!  R

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

When the message changes to indicate that the waste ink absorber is full, printing cannot be performed and the printer may need to be serviced.

We are aware that there are many "do-it-yourself" web sites that offer instructions for making this repair.  Replacing the ink absorber is a complicated and potentially messy procedure.  Even if the ink absorber is successfully changed, the ink absorber counter must be reset using a software utility that has not been made to the public, as it is proprietary software.

If you are able to find someone locally, please keep in mind that the costs associated with having this service performed may exceed the cost of a brand new printer.

You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please the Canon Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

When the message changes to indicate that the waste ink absorber is full, printing cannot be performed and the printer may need to be serviced.

We are aware that there are many "do-it-yourself" web sites that offer instructions for making this repair.  Replacing the ink absorber is a complicated and potentially messy procedure.  Even if the ink absorber is successfully changed, the ink absorber counter must be reset using a software utility that has not been made to the public, as it is proprietary software.

If you are able to find someone locally, please keep in mind that the costs associated with having this service performed may exceed the cost of a brand new printer.

You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please the Canon Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The corporate Greed!!! It has no limits.  They are not satisfied with us buying their over price cartridges, which I'm told there is where they make all their money, they create polluting waste!!!  There is nothing wrong with my printer other than a arbitrating number of how many print jobs I'm allowed to have from a printer.  Once that is reach it will quit printing!   Orwellian big Corporation dictating.  I think what is needed is a class action law suit against Canon!  Any attorneys reading this, lets go after them, that is the only way in our American Society we the consumer can force change!  

this is bullshet! canon=new world order company

Do you feel that this is an acceptable solution? Withholding assistance in order to force your valued customers to buy a new product? Is this a gimmick? Is this just another corporation that views product AND consumers as disposable)

Cgood
Apprentice

Just an FYI to the sales dept. I am having the same issue. I called the Sales Dept for the upgrade program. I was very unimpressed with both the selections and most importantly the discount being offered. I've had my Pixma for over 11 years and sung it praises!!! I'd still love to be able to continue to use it, but it seems like planned obsolescence on Canon's part here. So I've spend 11 years buying genuine Canon ink for my Pixma, but my next printer is going to be an Epson. Sorry, the discount offered for being a loyal customer was peanuts, and if it's worth if for Canon to lose out on the next 10 years (or more) of my ink purchases, then so be it. Thanks for making it easy to switch to another printer brand after all of years.

OwenMoore
Apprentice

I have found many sources searching on internet of how to reset the waste ink recorder after replacing pads on a G4210 Canon PIXMA printer..  Please search more. Failing that, contact me for addition information.  Also, I am searching for a report available thru the internet on how to get a report on the status of % full of these pads. I found it once but cannot replicate my search process.  If you know, please let me know. Kind Regards.

reednoel4u
Apprentice

Could you please help me to open to change absorber pads of Canon MX410.

Thanks

Announcements