cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG6220 - printing blank pages

MarkB
Contributor

My pixma MG6220 recently started to only printed portions of a document and after 2 or 3 prints, it now only gives me blank pages.  The only thing that seems to print correctly is when I print a test page (print nozzle check pattern).  I get every color when I print a test page but I think there should be a grid on the top of the test page and I only get the rows with different colors (3 C's, 3 M's, Y, BK, 3 GY's).  I have unplugged and reset and downloaded the latest print drivers (they were pretty old so I think I already had the latest)

Any ideas on how to get my printer printing again?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi MarkB,

Please make sure that the PGI-250PGBK ink tank in your PIXMA MG6220 contains ink, replacing it if necessary.

If you are still unable to print black, please perform 2 deep printhead cleanings:

1.  Swipe the HOME screen of your printer and then tap the wrench and screwdriver icon.

2.  Select Maintenance.

3.  Select Deep cleaning.

4.  Select Yes to clean the printhead.

If black does not print after performing two cleanings, your PIXMA MG6220 would require service.

If your PIXMA MG6220 was purchased less than a year ago, please contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat to obtain your in warranty options. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

If your PIXMA MG6220 is out of warranty, you are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET). If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi MarkB,

Please make sure that the PGI-250PGBK ink tank in your PIXMA MG6220 contains ink, replacing it if necessary.

If you are still unable to print black, please perform 2 deep printhead cleanings:

1.  Swipe the HOME screen of your printer and then tap the wrench and screwdriver icon.

2.  Select Maintenance.

3.  Select Deep cleaning.

4.  Select Yes to clean the printhead.

If black does not print after performing two cleanings, your PIXMA MG6220 would require service.

If your PIXMA MG6220 was purchased less than a year ago, please contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat to obtain your in warranty options. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

If your PIXMA MG6220 is out of warranty, you are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET). If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

MarkB
Contributor

Thank you Patrick

Unfortunately, it seems like my printer cannot be fixed.  I will take advantage of the Upgrade Program you mentioned.

cindic
Apprentice

Mark B, there was nothing they could do?  There are three of us with the same type of issue for this printer.   Maybe just too old.  😕

Announcements