cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG2550S: No colour out of a perfectly good cartridge

WWDD
Apprentice

Hi, I've had this MG2550S for a few years and don't use it very often, but I've tried to use it today to find that it puts out almost no colour despite the cartridge being at about half level. I've had it perform several basic cleans and several deep cleans to no avail. The black comes out fine on the test print but no colour came out on the first test prints and I've only managed to get a tiny little bit of yellow come out on the ones after cleaning. 

I've removed the cartridge and wiped it with a cotton bud to find nice clean and solid parallel streaks of magenta, cyan and yellow on it. I've dipped another cotton bud in 70% isopropyl and wiped it around the printhead, and then another for wiping around the contacts, but still almost no colour except for a little yellow despite the cartridge itself giving off nice clean streaks which leads me to think that the problem is with the contacts or signals between them.

Is there something wrong with this printer beyond reasonable salvage and time to get a new one, or is there anything else I can try?

Thanks in advance.

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements