cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG2522 Won't Install

TLD110166
Contributor

I was notified that I got a reply about this, but was unable to view the reply, so I deleted my original post, and am reposting.

I tried 4 times to get my new printer to install. It kept going from "printer detected" to "printer not detected, check connection". I tried every suggestion in the guide, as well as trying multiple USB ports and 2 different USB cables.

This is driving me nuts! Help!

59 REPLIES 59

You have windows 10 so it may not be the computer anyway.  Have you checked the USB controllers under the device manager?  Right click the start button at bottom left and left click the device manager, the USB controllers are at the bottom.  Left click that to get a list of the devices connected to your computer through USB.  Ensure that the HP shows on one of the generics and if not, the HP may have actually developed a fault.  I'd then try downloading the appropriate drivers from the HP site and try to reconnect.  If that doesn't solve it you have to consider either the printer or the computer because a new USB driver involves a new motherboard.  Pretty pricey anyway and only a true Geek would be comfortable with such an operation.

If you have an I5 or later intel processor you probably don't need a new computer depending on what you use it for.  The cost of any new coming Operating System after W10 would then justify the expense.  Even then if you have a usable Tower the OS would be cheaper, much cheaper depending on which tower you decide to purchase.  You would then still be facing the expense of a new printer after all.

My best wishes to a fellow sufferer of what's looking like a factory run of substandard Canon Printers.  Merry Christmas

Thanks for the tip. It's a bit late, though, since I've thrown away both of the printers.

Bless your heart for posting this even if it was 'late'. I just got my 2522 today and was baffled by this puzzle. You made my evening much brighter and a lot less stressful. I love, love, love this printer already, even though it was an inexpensive investment. I was warned to never get a 'cheap' printer because I would regret it, but so far I have absolutely no regrets.

Again, you're an angel for getting us through this maze!

Keep posting and we'll be watching for your tips and hints!

Dear Rita, what helped you... I have been trying for hours to get this to work. Help!!

Debora

What does Tom Worley's HP usb answer have to do with the Canon printer problem?

I'm with you. I'll get a new printer but you can bet it won't be a Canon. There are a lot of fish in that sea.

I'm about two seconds from doing the same. It's obvious the problem is with the driver software, but of course, as usual, the company wants to **bleep** around pretending it's user error.

I tried this solution but it failed.  The installation wizard does not detect the computer until I've turned the printer on and off then it seemingly starts the install process.  After a few minutes the printer is undetected again, when I click cancel it tells me the MP drivers are not installed.  Checking the Apps on my computer shows the MP drivers installed.

I tried this solution and it didn't work at all. 3 different cables that work with another printer won't work. It appears to be stuck on when the software is registering with the printer itself and then stops after 5min. I know this is an older model, but I did buy it brand new. Is there something else I can try?

I have a WIN 10 64 bit and I have tried your 'solution' several times but sadly its not working.

Can't you just provide a working driver without the canon software?

Announcements