cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG2522 USB connectivity failure

Fla5183
Apprentice

After replacing the color cartridge the USB failed.  Initially the yellow Color Ink LCD was flashing and the green power LCD were flashing.  I had to pull power to the printer to get the tray to go to the middle.  I replaced the color cartridge and the power LCD remained solid green.  I then got a "USB device not recognized" error message on my computer.  I restarted the computer.  Restarted the printer and the same error message appears.  I tried reinstalling the printer software and the installation failed when it could not connect with the printer.

Has anyone seen a USB failure on this model printer before?

Frank

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Fla5183,

First, please perform a test of your printer.  Please load letter sized plain paper into your printer and turn your PIXMA MG2522 on.

Once on, please hold down the STOP button on the printer until the error light blinks 1 time and then let go of the button.

Did a test page print?  If so, we know that your PIXMA MG2522 is working correctly.

If the test page printed, I would need a little more information.

Are you using Windows?  If so, what version?
If you are using a Mac, what version of OSX is installed?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements