cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma IX-6820 printint blank pages unless I open the cover and press the cover closed button.

Jimcasper
Apprentice

So this is a weird one that is perplexing me, the printer started printing blank pages from Word but then would sometimes print the first page and then half the second page.

I deleted the printer from windows and installed the newest drivers, changed the ink cartridges, and tried everything I could think of. The last whacky idea I had was to watch the print head as it printed to see if I could see something wrong. To my amazement when I had the top open and was pressing the top down button using a paperclip it printed fine. I looked everything over on the bottom of the lid and it all looks as original nothing broken or bent, yet still it only works with the top open and a paperclip held on the top closed button.

Any help to rectify this issue would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Sounds like you found the issue.  Bad top cover sensor or switch.

Canned air, contact cleaner?  Maybe you can take it apart and clean it?  I don't have one. If you are really attached to it, you can try Canon.  I beliegve they still service this model.

Canon U.S.A., Inc. | Service & Repair

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements