cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma IP4500 Color is off-set on M1 Mac w/ Big Sur -- Any Hope?

cloudsorghosts
Apprentice

I know the printer is long in the tooth, but it's in great shape and still prints beautifully on a Windows 10 machine and an older Macbook Pro running Mavericks. 

Just got a M1 Mac Mini with Big Sur. There is no official IP4500 driver for Big Sur, and I doubt one is coming given the age of the printer. I tried installing various Big Sur drivers for other printers in the IP line, and the printer is regonized and prints, however there is an offset between the color inks and black ink. This happens no matter the printing source/file: JPEG, PDF, Illustrator, etc, and whether or not printer or other software (Adobe, etc) manages color. Tried drivers for 4 different printers with same result. Strange thing is that the test print works fine (both color and black ink), and Grayscale prints fine, but nothing else. 

Is it hopeless? Seems like there must be a solution if it can manage to print test sheet correctly, and if Windows can still handle it. Should I try any other Big Sur drivers, perhaps for a different line of printers?

Any suggestions are highly appreciated!

PXL_20210309_002049300.jpg

PXL_20210309_002104732.jpg

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi cloudsorghosts,

The PIXMA iP4500 is not supported with macOS v11.0 (Big Sur).  You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out-of-warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30 PM ET). If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Monday-Saturday: 11:00 am to 8:00 pm. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements