cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma G7020 installed two drivers?

ctvarner
Contributor

New Pixma G7020. Installed the software & drivers via the online tools & download; when it was done, Windows showed "Canon G7000 Series", and also "Canon G7000 Series (Copy 1)".  When I print a test page from each, the plain "G7000 Series" shows printer model "Microsoft IPP Class Driver", while the "(Copy 1)" shows printer model "Canon G7000 Series". 

Why two drivers with essentially identical names? I assume I need both? 

5 REPLIES 5

Kristoff
Rising Star

Thanks for joining the conversation, ctvarner!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows 11, etc). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

The printer is connected via WiFi to an Asus router; the PC is connected to the same router via Ethernet cable. PC is Windows 10. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ctvarner,

How is the printer connected and to what exactly?

I'll explain more once you answer.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

ctvarner
Contributor

Windows 10.  I initially thought I had somehow installed the same driver twice  and deleted "(Copy 1)", but that killed the IJ Printer Assistant tool, so I had to reinstall. (To be clear, it already had both before I reinstalled - "(Copy 1)" was not introduced by reinstalling.)

ctvarner
Contributor

I deleted all the G7020 devices and reinstalled, and did not get two devices this time.  I imagine it was some kind of user error. 

Announcements