cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photo Printing on Pixma G6020 -- poor colors

mplezia
Contributor

Just set up a Pixma G6020.  Working great, set up was fine and I'm generally happy with it.  But, photo printing has been poor.  The basic problem is that photos come out underexposed, slightly desaturated, and with a warmer yellow tone than the file on-screen.  The problem is worst printing straight from Capture One.  But printing the same file exported from Capture One and printed from the Easy PhotoPrint Editor is better, but not very close to the on-screen image.  Also, printing from the iPhone Print app is similar to the result from the PhotoPrint software. 

I didn't buy the printer specifically for photo prints, but I'm quite puzzled by the color issues.

Any tutorials or support for dialing in colors on this printer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The settings look correct. I don't have anything more I can suggest.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

falconfirsit
Contributor

Maybe the problem isn't with the printer, but with the software you're using, or the ink? I just have a Canon too (whose model I don't remember) that prints good quality photos as well as advanced picture color. I have a hunch that it's all because of the printer software I use that I scan through and also print, maybe that's the issue. Because it happened when I connected the printer to the computer and did not understand how to scan. I had to turn for help to youtube, which advised downloading the program, I picked the pirate bay here, where I downloaded it. If that doesn't help, then try changing the cartridge again, maybe it will help.

Announcements