cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA iP8720 Printing Very Light on CD

mobilemechanic4
Contributor

Hello,,

I print on inkjet cdr media for family photos and as of yesterday the ink is very light like the cartridges are out of ink. But if I print on paper its fine. All colors are very deep in color just hardly can see it on the CDR.  Anyone know why this would happen?  Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

What version of Windows or MacOS is your computer running and what program are you using to print on CD's? 

We look forward to your reply. 

Windows 11 and using the canon cd printing software Easy PhotoPrint EX which I have been using for years. It just started printing on the cd's very light and can hardly see an image.

Hi,

I recommend removing the printer driver and then restart your computer. After the restart, reinstall the printer driver and then try to print again. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I all ready did that before coming here. I even replaced the ink.  The printer works fine printing on paper. The CD printing something happened.. Maybe it doesnt lower the heads enough to reach the CD tray... I dont know.  But dont think its a driver issue as it does print fine on all sizes of paper. It was starting to not print the upper font on the CD when it happened then it just went all out.  The upper part would print lightly then in the middle of the font on the top of the CD it would go dark as normal. 

Hi,

I recommend reaching out to Canon support at this time. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

We look forward to hearing from you. 

I have a 4 year warranty through Amazon. I’m gonna go that route.

Announcements