Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA iP8720 ICC Profiles Missing, but see imagePROGRAF-300 and PRO-1000

rinamiele
Apprentice

Hello -

I'm on a Mac - Sonoma 14.4.1.
All my printers are connected via USB.

I have the imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 and PRO-300 -- they print perfectly color accurate and I know how to install and use the ICC Profiles - I use Canon Professional Print & Layout Plugin, etc.

Somehow when I install the drivers for the PIXMA iP8720, I do not see the ICC profiles for the PIXMA in Lightroom. I simply want to select the profiles for Canon default papers, such as Luster Paper for the PIXMA iP8720.

When the color settings are managed automatically the print color isn't quite right - it's close but not quite right.
So I definitely want to use the ICC profiles for the Canon paper.

I select the proper media in the printer settings, but cannot select the ICC profile to match.
(Showing a truncated lists in screenshots since the list of ICC profiles is too long.)

I've checked the forums here to look for any folder in the finder where these profiles may have been installed so I could copy to the proper location, etc.

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 6.30.56 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-04-12 at 6.37.15 PM.png

1 REPLY 1

rinamiele
Apprentice

UPDATE: I was able to add the ICC profiles - this video explained how.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0lftmL3F68

Though sadly, when selecting the color profile in the Lightroom tab, and the Printer dialog -- both resulted in inferior prints to the "Let printer mange color" automatic setting! So that was a let down.

At least now I know. Glad I have the PRO-300.

Announcements