cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA iP8720 Air Printer not found by iPhone

wawalkerdds
Apprentice

My iPhone 14 ProMax running IOS 17.4 can’t print to my Pixma iP8720.  It doesn’t find an air printer.  This was also a problem with my iPhone 8 Plus which one day just stopped recognizing my Pixma.  Never have understood why the Pixma stopped being recognized.  I’m running Win 11 on my Pc and the printer is connected via USB cable.  It prints just fine from the PC.

Help please,

Bill

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Welcome Bill,

The IP8710 supports ethernet, USB and Wireless PictBridge printing.

If you have a network with wireless capability, this would be the most versatile connection type to use.  Connect the printer via ethernet to your network.  This allows any device connecting to your network, wired or wireless to print.  Using USB and PictBridge (what you are using now) can also work but doesn't allow the same level of printing flexibility.

Since you are using USB for the Windows Computer successfully, here are instructions for configuring wireless.  

Press the Start Setup button when you are ready to begin.  This should re-establish the wireless connection with your mobile device:

Canon : PIXMA Manuals : iP8700 series : Setup Guide

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements