cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS6420 stuck in "Pause" on Mac, OK on Android phone

niteant
Apprentice

I updated to Sonoma 14.3 from Big Sur and the Canon TS6420 default setting is "paused" and the settings will not allow a change by clicking the arrow button. It stays paused. MacBook Air 2020. I installed drivers which I may not have needed to do. I have unplugged the printer. Recycled the router, and rebooted the MacBpook. I can print from an Android phone so I know the printer is working.

2 REPLIES 2

niteant
Apprentice

I updated to Sonoma 14.3 from Big Sur and the Canon TS6420 default setting is "paused" and the settings will not allow a change by clicking the arrow button. It stays paused. MacBook Air 2020. I installed drivers which I may not have needed to do. I have unplugged the printer. Recycled the router, and rebooted the MacBook. I can print from an Android phone so I know the printer is working. Is there a solution to release the pause so the printer can print from the MacBook Air?

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi niteant,

Please follow these steps to resolve this issue:

1.  Click on the Apple in the upper left corner of your display.

2.  Click on System Settings.

3.  In System Settings, scroll to the bottom of the left side and click on Printers & Scanners.

4.  On the right, click one time on the Canon TS6400 series.

5.  In the window that appears, click Remove or Delete.

6.  Once that printer is removed, please also remove any other Canon TS6400's that may be in the list.

7.  Click the Add Printer Scanner or Fax button.  The Add Printer window will appear.

8.  Click on your TS6400 that appears in the list and click Add at the bottom.

Once your printer is re-added, please attempt to print.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements