cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS3522 won't print, not available error

randal
Contributor

When I try to print, it says printer not available.  I have tried power cycling printer and modem, and connecting to a different WiFi source.

15 REPLIES 15

Tiffany

Welcome to the Canon forum!

So that the Community can help you better, please let us know whether you're using the PIXMA MG3522 or the PIXMA TS3522.  We will also need to know which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS and which version) and how they talk to one another.  Any 
other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue. The forum is not intended for immediate support. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE

Thank you!

randal
Contributor

I posted all of this in my original post.  It is a Pixma TS 3522, and I am printing wirelessly.  I have tried it from both my computer (windows 11) and my android phone and neither worked, same error both times.   It printed when I first set it up, now it just says "printer not available."

Hi,

Please use the steps HERE to try and print the network settings page directly from the printer. Once it prints, check the following: 

1.  Is connection active in row 3-2-5?
  2. Does the SSID in row 3-2-6 match your Wifi?
  3. What is the signal strength in row 3-2-1?
  4. In row 3-2-12 does the IP start with a 192, 10 or a different number? 

We look forward to your reply. 

randal
Contributor

I'll check those things.  If they are all in line, then I'm going to try a factory reset.  If they are not, how do I set them to the correct settings?

Hi,

If they are not correct or missing, you will need to reconnect your printer to your network. Please click HERE and scroll down to the wireless help option. This will provide you with different options to connect the printer back to your network. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I've already disconnected and reconnected the network.  Yes, all of those things that you listed are correct.  Ip address starts with 192, signal strength is 49%.  I'm going to try a factory reset, because right now this thing is a $50 paper weight.

I did the factory reset, and now I can't get it to connect to WiFi at all

randal
Contributor

I have tried all of your suggestions, and finally reset my printer to factory.  After two days of trying to find how to reconnect the wifi on the canon site, I finally gave up and googled it.  This provided me with the answer.  I am now back to square one.  Printer on, connected to wifi, gives an error when I try to print. 

randal
Contributor

Does anyone else have anything to say on this topic?  I'm getting pretty fed up with not being able to use my printer

Announcements