cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS3522 Smudgy Mess When Printing

CboyC95
Contributor

My mom is trying to print a W-2 on our printer, but when she does, the result is a smudgy, indiscernible mess. I tried cleaning it, I tried Bottom Plate Cleaning, no matter what I do, the result is always the same and I don't know why.

4 REPLIES 4

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

If the ink is wet on the paper and smudging, double check the type of paper you are printing on. Make sure it is plain paper and not the backside of photo paper. 

If the ink is not wet and it looks like everything is double printing or printing right on top of each letter, then please use the steps HERE to clean the encoder strip in the printer. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

We are using plain paper and we just had the printer a for few months and it was the first thing printed from it.

CboyC95
Contributor

This is what happens whenever we try to print something.

20240228_080353[1].jpg

Hi,

Based on the picture and since the cleanings did not resolve the issue, I recommend reaching out to Canon support for your warranty options. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements