cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR8620a prints just a few pages before erroring out

maggone
Apprentice

I must say that i am very disappointed in my purchase of this product.  I have owned two Pixma mx922 printers and they worked flawlessly for years when the first one quit I immediately bought another one that also worked flawlessly. When the second one finally gave up the ghost.  i thought I would continue this successful relationship with cannon.

How wrong I was. I have owned the tr8620a for about 5 weeks and have only been successful in printing about 6-7 pages.  This product then goes into error mode.  I am not a newbee, I have installed many printers. I have installed this printer as per canons instructions it worked for a couple of pages then stopped.  and No it is not my wifi it works flawlessly unlike this printer. I have deleted all canon related software then reinstalled it several times. it will print a couple of pages then say the printer has an error,  no codes, no information just doesn't work .  When I try to get support cannon has an impressive way to avoid having any live human help you.  yes you can do FAQ but they have not helped me fix this printer. I have even paid (carepak) which should be renamed I don't care pak.

if i want to talk to a salesman i can get to a human instantly.  but customer support is a joke.  I will probably try to get Amazon to take back this printer since it has never worked correctly and buy some other brand.   

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, maggone!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

maggone
Apprentice

This is a windows 10 machine.  I have already mentioned that the printer software has been loaded as per Canon works for a couple of pages then pops up error with no code or description. Wifi is operating on the printer according to the printer. I have deleted  and reinstalled multiple times. each time the printer works for a couple of pages then pops up an error.  

Do i want to get rid of this printer, NO, but I need a reliable printer like the pixma mx922. that was a printer that was reliable.

Hi,

To reach out to our phone or live chat support team, you will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

We look forward to hearing from you. 

Announcements