cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR8620 & G3270 Connection Disaster - Mac Loses Printers After Restart

gospaboy
Contributor

I have been having ongoing connection problems with a PIXMA TR8620 and G3270 (which is new). Both printers, after setup work... and then after the computer is restarted or goes to sleep, it can't find the printer again. I get "Printer Offline" error. I am connected directly with USB. I have tried 3 cables with no success. 

I called Canon support, and they have no answers. I have scanned the forums and many people are having the same error. I do not have this problem with Epson or Brothers printers. 

I have gone through all the steps of deleting, re-adding drivers, the printer, etc. No luck. The printer(s) will work once and then lose connection again. Sometimes unplugging and reinserting the USB cable let's the computer instantly find it again... but this is no solution having to dig behind my desk everytime I need to print. 

Using an iMac with Ventura 13.6.1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

gospaboy
Contributor

I have found the the USB is unreliable. So I tried using an ethernet connection today on top of the USB, and now the printer seems to be responding after either it or the computer goes to sleep, after restarts etc. So, I'll keep watching, but this seems to have solved it for now...

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, gospaboy!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're referring to after the PIXMA TR8620.  To date, Canon USA has not released a consumer-level printer with that model number.  If you could double-check that and provide the full model name, that will help the Community better understand your issue.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Sorry, that's a G3270. 

I have the same problem, but not as bad as yours.  Just have had the G3270 a couple days and after the printer defaults and powers off, I can't print.  For some reason this is the only printer that I have had that shows  up as a device to be ejected in lower right corner of Windows.  Much like one of my thumb drives or external drives.  My last printer didn't show up as a device to be ejected and it was a MG6620 Canon.  Anyway, when the auto power goes off and shuts down printer, it also does an eject and printer doesn't show up as a connected device.  Have to manually power back on.  MG6620 would power off, but when I sent print to it, it powered up on it's own.  Also, MG6620 never showed up as a device to be ejected. 

May have to send it back for a different model. 

diverjer
Contributor

Okay after some looking around, I fixed my issue.  I don't know who came up with that stop and light blinking, but that does nothing and light never blinks. 

What did work and I tested using the Canon IJ Printer Assistance tool.  I set auto power off for 15 minutes (just for my test) and  Auto Power on Enabled.   After 15 minutes power went off.  Then I checked if device had been ejected- it hadn't (earlier it had been ejected on auto power off turned on).   I assume since I had Auto Power on Enabled, that stopped device from being ejected.  Did a small screen print and printer powered up and printed as it should.

I may test again with auto power on disabled?  Kind of tired of this printer for now, maybe tomorrow. 

gospaboy
Contributor

I have found the the USB is unreliable. So I tried using an ethernet connection today on top of the USB, and now the printer seems to be responding after either it or the computer goes to sleep, after restarts etc. So, I'll keep watching, but this seems to have solved it for now...

diverjer
Contributor

No ethernet connection on my G3270 only USB or Wifi (which I haven't tried yet).

Interesting. This seems to be a Canon connectivity issue only as USB works fine with an Espon printer. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements