cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR4720 Printer Not Connected to Server, Support Code 1651

mrfaz4444
Apprentice

Every time I want to print something the orange light comes on and says not connected to server. Support  code 1651. I re-connect it then next time it does same thing. I spend the next 4 hrs reconnecting it because I don't know what I have to do to keep it connected to the server. What really sucks is its just to read ink levels and yet the whole printer is nothing more than a paper weight until the stupid ink server problem is fixed! I spend more time fixing and chasing codes all over a subscription! Terrible!

1 REPLY 1

JayC1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi mrfaz4444! Thanks for posting in the Canon Community Forum. I see that your Canon PIXMA TR4720 is displaying the Support Code 1651.

To begin troubleshooting, please open the printer and look at the ink cartridge labels. If you see the letters PPP on the ink cartridges, please check your Canon Account and make sure that you are still enrolled in the PIXMA Print Plan. The PPP inks will cause the printer to produce the 1651 error if the PIXMA Print Plan has been cancelled.

If you are using PPP inks and you cancelled your plan, you do have the option of enrolling again. Once you are re-enrolled, the PPP inks will start working again. It may take a few hours for the enrollment to be processed.

While you are checking your Canon Account, please make sure that the billing and shipping information (including the credit card) are correct.

If you have PPP inks and you do not want to activate the PIXMA Print Plan, you will need to get a new set of ink cartridges that are not part of the program. The ink cartridges sold at retailer are not part of the program. You can also purchase regular cartridges from Canon Direct at this link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/shop/ink-toner

If you do have PPP inks and you are enrolled actively in the PIXMA Print Plan, you may consider calling in to have someone check your Canon Account for any other issues that may be causing the 1651 error. The phone number is 1-800-652-2666.

If you need further assistance, please write back with answers to the following questions:

1. Do the labels on your ink cartridges contain the letters PPP?
  2. Does your Wi-Fi provide access to the Internet?
  3. Are you enrolled in the PIXMA Print Plan, and if you are, is the enrollment active?

I hope this information helps. Thanks for choosing Canon.

Announcements