cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 scanner won't scan

ddriver
Apprentice

I recently installed a new computer and Windows 11.  I am hard wired to the MX922.  The printer works fine but the scanning features don't work.  The scanner portion of the Quick Menu shows nothing in the scanner but shows the MX922 in the printer. I can get the scanner to scan from the glass going through the Printers and Scanners section of Windows.  When selecting the scan buttons on the MX922, it acts like it is getting ready to scan but does nothing and returns to the main display.  I've uninstalled and downloaded drivers from the Canon site but no luck.  

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

When you open IJ Scan Utility is the printer listed as MX920 series or MX920 series network? Also, just to confirm when you mention hardwire, do you mean ethernet or via usb cord? 

We look forward to your reply. 

I am not the original poster, but am having the same problem.  IJ Utility shows both MX920 Series AND MX920 Series network.  My desktop computer is USB connected.  Our laptop goes through our wifi.  I am trying to go to the desktop.  It worked fine on the old desktop computer.

Announcements