cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 macOS Sonoma compatibility

Udo97520
Apprentice

I am disappointed that Canon is not upgrading the Pixma MX922 to osMAC Sonoma. I do not think that loyal customers should be treated like is. Are the Canon managers expect me to dump a perfectly working device to the landfill? If that is the alternative to not upgrading I will never ever buy another Canon product.

5 REPLIES 5

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

It appears that the Pixma MX922 was released in 2013.  Ten years I would say is the average for companies to end support for products.  In this case, not providing updated software/drives.

What errors are you experiencing when trying to print?  Are the older Ventura drivers and software not working for you? 

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

I cannot print black instead of colors, I cannot print on both sides, the scanner does not work at all.

I have no idea on how to use Ventura drivers and software.

My Volvo XC60 is 14 years old and is still running great, I have it serviced regularly. I have no intention of dumping it.

I don't disagree but when I spoke to a Canon rep, he told me explicitly that the MX922 WAS still actively supported. My issue has been that since Sonoma, some items—like a month-view page from the Mac's Calendar app—print washed-out and with no lines; a PDF of the same looks great in Preview but prints identically badly. Latest firmware, latest OS upgrade, two different Macs with the issue; everything works fine on another printer. Other features and printing near-identical pages from iOS devices, are all OK

So this is a communications issue, your helpful ideas notwithstanding

ridgeback
Apprentice

I totally agree.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The MX922 is certified to work with OSX 13 Ventura.  Drivers are available.  Its very possible these drivers will work with v14 Sonoma as well.  Has this been tried?  If you experience issues, we'll try to help.    

Canon Support for PIXMA MX922 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

If an OS upgrade was performed, some peripherals do not always work as intended after a major update.  Sometimes you have to remove and reinstall a device (like a printer) to restore correct operation.  

I think adjusting expectations is reasonable in this case.  No company can support a product indefinitely.  Canon is no different than Apple, Microsoft, Brother, Sharp, etc.  10 yrs is not an unreasonable amount of time for support.  A MAC running Sonoma isn't 10 yrs old and Apple will not continue supporting it indefinitely.  So things need to be kept in perspective.  iPhones are not supported for 10 yrs either.  Does this mean you'll never buy another Mac or iPhone?  Probably not because its not reasonable for someone to expect indefinite support.  

BTW, VueScan by Hamrick software is another possible alternative if the Ventura drivers don't work with Sonoma.  Its free to try.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements