cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 Photos printing light and washed out

Krm0258
Apprentice

My Canon MX922 printer is printing all of my photos light and “washed-out”.  I specifically process in Photoshop and Lightroom and the photos/colors look great on my laptop screen. I have the print profile set for the correct Canon paper type.  I understand the printer is older, but are there any cleaning options I should consider to enhance the quality and prolong the printer life?  Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Have you printed a nozzle test pattern to see how the printer is performing?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Krm0258
Apprentice

I did print a nozzle test and everything is aligned, but the colors are also slightly washed out. I read you might be able to remove the print head and clean it with water, but the printer still works and didn’t want to destroy it.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The mx922 is 13 yrs old now and stuff does eventually wear out.  A printhead is subjected to high heat and constant voltage during its lifetime.  If you are not using Canon Inks, this too can be a problem.  I can't guarantee cleaning the printhead would improve things.  You could try, as long as you are prepared that it might do more bad than good.     

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I was thinking the same the same thing.  Thanks for your help

Announcements