cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 Cyan Horizontal Banding

MRemes
Apprentice

My MX922 recently started horizontally banding in all my greys. I did an auto alignment, manual alignment, deep clean, roller clean, and even cleaned the encoder film. I've replaced enough cyan ink cartridges while printing greyscale to know this printer still uses the color carts in greyscale mode. Sure enough, the nozzle check pattern shows the same banding on the deeper cyan strip.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

20240214_125551.jpg

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Based on the steps taken, you have done what we would suggest. Since the issue is not resolved, your MX922 would require service. 

If the printer is in it's 1 year warranty, I recommend reaching out to Canon support for your warranty options. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

If the printer is out of warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well

Announcements