cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX870 Dark Magenta Band Missing from Test Page

surferscott
Contributor

My printer test page shows no banding and all proper colors except for the dark band of magenta.  It's non-existent. The other two bands of magenta are fine.  No nozzles are clogged.  Anybody have any ideas? Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Screenshot 2023-04-18 144115.jpg

If you are missing colors from the nozzle check pattern how are you concluding that no nozzles are clogged?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

surferscott
Contributor

I performed the deep cleaning and nozzle check functions and it said nozzles aren't clogged.  In your test pattern above, the 1st magenta band is missing in my printouts.  Am I missing something?

Are you sure that is what the nozzle check said?  

IMG_1700.jpeg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Actually, I ran the nozzle check procedure, several deep cleanings, and replaced the cartridge with another magenta, with the resultant printout displaying the absence of only the dark magenta band. My mistake, it did not actually inform me that the nozzle is unclogged.  I guess it could be, but why would it print out the other two lighter magenta bands?  

I don’t know. It may be that different nozzles are used. You could give Canon a call but I don’t know if they support that printer any more. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks for your help.  Canon offers no person to person support for the MX870 anymore. Probably time to upgrade, especially since I'm on the Windows 11 platform.

After exhausting very method available on the internet to solve the problem, I finally resolved it by simply replacing the printhead.  All colors are present and perfect once again. 

surferscott
Contributor

Thank you.

Announcements