Printer will print black when I print a test page from the printer, but will not print black when I print a selection from either my MacBook (OS X 10.10 Yosemite) or my iMac (OS X 10.9.4 Mavericks). What gives?
I did print a test page from the Canon Utility on my MacBook, and it prints black. Still wondering.
First, please make sure that the installed ink tanks are correct and full of ink. The correct order is:
Next, please print the nozzle check pattern to determine whether the ink is ejecting properly from the print head. To do this, please follow these steps:
1. Make sure that the machine is turned on, then load a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the Auto Sheet Feeder or the Cassette.
2. Open the Paper Output Tray and then open the Output Tray Extension.
3. Press the Paper Feed Switch to select the paper source where you have loaded paper.
4. To print the nozzle check pattern:
4-1. Press the Menu button.
4-2. Select Maintenance, then press the OK button. The Maintenance screen is displayed.
4-3. Select Nozzle check pattern and then press the OK button. The pattern print confirmation screen is displayed.
4-4. Select Yes and then press the OK button.
The nozzle check pattern is printed and the pattern confirmation screens are displayed alternately.
Examine the nozzle check pattern (example is at bottom of post), and perform cleaning if necessary.
Please perform the following steps to perform a Deep Cleaning:
1. Press the MENU button.
2. Select Maintenance then press the OK button.
3. Press <OK> to select Maintenance.
4. Select Deep Cleaning and press OK.
5. Press OK to select Yes.
The Deep cleaning will be performed. After 2 or 3 cleanings, print another test page.
Does the test page print correctly? If not, please contact our support group using the following link:
I have a MX870 which worked perfectly until yesterday's upgrade to Yosemite and the Canon App upgrade from the Apple App store delivered automatically.
We have 2 OSX machines.
Can send driver details if requested.