cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX492 Print only fills 25% of the page

wsg3rd
Contributor

When I print all my MX492 printer the page prints on a quarter of the paper very small print, not filling the paper at all. How do I make the words print on the whole entire sheet someone out here and printer world please answer my question.

9 REPLIES 9

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Is the printer installed on a Windows or MacOS computer? 

We look forward to your reply. 

wsg3rd
Contributor

mac

What application are you printing from? I believe the issue is that whatever software that is, it's not recognizing that your Mac has a retina display and so things end up quarter-sized.   Do all applications though print at quarter size?  e.g. launch the built-in TextEdit application, type in a few sentences and print that out.  Or, if you have it, print from the Pages application.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

wsg3rd
Contributor

OK I just put something on Word and printed it out and it's the regular kind of print. It's like I went to print a receipt online and that's when it comes out a quarter size on the page but if I print from word it comes out regular so anything I print from online comes out quarter size on a paper where I can put four of them on my sheet of paper, I don't know what print program I have it came with the printer. I don't have no specific program on my Mac to print just a canon printer.

Are you printing web pages? If so, what browser application are you using?

--
Ricky

wsg3rd
Contributor

I use Google Chrome

It’s not just webpages I might buy something online and print a receipt out and it’ll be a quarter size print on the paper 

Whenever your are online, you’d be using a web browser application.

--
Ricky

Ah, try using Safari instead. I’ve seen similar reports on here about quarter-sized prints when using Chrome. 

--
Ricky

Announcements