cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX490 partial functionality

yuri10
Contributor

old comp died. downloaded canon pixma drivers on new comp. i can print directly from the printer. if i print something from the comp the printer physically "prints" but the result is a blank page. if i scan i get the mssg: ubs is disconnected or the printer is off. connected and on.

??? ty

12 REPLIES 12

SamanthaW

Hi!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the model of the printer you have and the operating system on your computer.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, please check out your other support options here: https://canon.us/MyCanonAccount

Thanks! 

pixma mx490 and windows 11

lost reply?

pixma mx490  ty

ps  windows 11  ty

Hi, yuri10!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

Thanks and have a great day!

hey danny, i might as well try you. am i being "shunnerd" by the community?cancelled? here's my response to samantha from days ago. no response. i've put in new posts. nothing. pixma 490/windows 11.

hello samantha. where did you go? still trying to fix my problem with a pixma mx490/windows 11. downloaded the driver onto my new comp. i can print directly from the printer. scan gets me the error: ubs cable not connected- it is, printer not on- it is. if i tried to print from the comp the printer would print but spit out a blank page. 

dad suggested i use the microsoft driver so i switched. same issues except that if i try to print from the comp, go to the print set-up page and click print it takes me to save as. reloaded canon drivers. no good. help. ty

Samantha and I are moderators.  We're not qualified to address technical issues.  Product Expert Arthur_J replied to another one of your posts farther down in this thread, so we recommend directing your technical questions to him.

Hope this helps!

hello samantha. where did you go? still trying to fix my problem with a pixma mx490/windows 11. downloaded the driver onto my new comp. i can print directly from the printer. scan gets me the error: ubs cable not connected- it is, printer not on- it is. if i tried to print from the comp the printer would print but spit out a blank page. 

dad suggested i use the micro soft driver so i switched. same issues except that if i try to print from the comp, go to the print set-up page and click print it takes me to save as. help. ty

yuri10
Contributor

2nd attempt

pixma mx490 and windows 11

comp died. downloaded driver to new comp. i can print from the printer directly. trying to scan i get: "printer off or usb cable not connected." if i try to print from the comp the printer "prints" a blank page.

??  TY

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements