cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX490 Error B204

beckyannleeper
Apprentice

Just today I used the printer, turned it off, and hours later turned back on.  I then got the error message B204.  Figured out after about an hour searching that the printer head needs repaired or serviced.  If all it needs is cleaned I can do this, but there are no instructions on how to remove the head.  Any help?  If it needs to be replaced is it cheaper to buy/get a new head or purchase a new printer?  Last question since my husband copies for his business, I purchase ink ahead.  What other printer uses 245/246 ink?

Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

It may be more cost and time effective to replace the printer. You can click HERE for Canon's ink page and you can enter the ink number to see what other printers may use it. 

Also, if the printer is out of it's 1 year warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

It may be more cost and time effective to replace the printer. You can click HERE for Canon's ink page and you can enter the ink number to see what other printers may use it. 

Also, if the printer is out of it's 1 year warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements