cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX479 Can't log in via browser

emattie1965
Apprentice

Hello!

So, I've been trying to log into my MX479 via browser and for the life of me, I can't seem to get into it.  I've tried the following:

Username:  ADMIN or canon or CANON
Password:  canon or the serial number or ADMIN or password or 1234567

I'm usually pretty good at keeping track of credentials, but this one is a head scratcher.  I'm OK resetting the printer to default, but figured I'd ask just to be sure.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

Devices manufactured before 2020 don't require you to set a system manager ID or PIN to access the remote UI.  After 2020 you're prompted to set  PIN In order to access.  Resetting the printer does not typically reset the system manager ID.  The default is "7654321" for the username and password.

Let us know if this helps.  If not, Canon support should be able to assist you. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Rick, 

Thanks for your reply.  Unfortunately, that didn't seem to work.  I tried multiple variations using this number to no avail.

Hope to hear from support. 

Thanks again!

Announcements