cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX410 5B00 Error

wyomingnan
Apprentice

I cleaned my own ink absorber pads myself (not easy since they don't build the ink pads to be very accesible) a few months ago and the printer has been working fine but now it's giving me the EB00 error. I've tried every solution including unplugging it for 24 hours, putting it in maintenance mode, trying to reset ink "counter," etc. All of the reset solutions don't seem to match my printer model because they talk about a green light and I have a blue light.  Nothing is working. Is this Canon forcing me to get a new printer just because of an ink counter? I don't live in a city with lots of repair options. The only solution I have not tried is to download a reset file but I don't even know if I have a cable to connect computer to printer and not sure I trust downloading a file from unknown source.

Pixma MX410

2 REPLIES 2

LiveLove
Apprentice

I'm having the exact same issue with my MX870.

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

We are aware that there are many "do-it-yourself" web sites that offer instructions for making this repair.  Replacing the ink absorber is a complicated and potentially messy procedure.  Even if the ink absorber is successfully changed, the ink absorber counter must be reset using a software utility that has not been made to the public, as it is proprietary software.

If you are able to find someone locally, please keep in mind that the costs associated with having this service performed may exceed the cost of a brand new printer.

You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please the Canon Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements