cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG3620 MP driver install issue

weymans
Apprentice

I am trying to run the MP drivers and software install so I can use the IJ Scan utility.  I get an error message that the specified pathname is too long for the MP drivers.  How can I get around this.  Everything else is working fine

4 REPLIES 4

StevenMOD

Hello, weymans!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know more information.

What is the exact model printer you're using (it's usually on the top or front of the unit)?
What version of Windows or macOS are you using?
How do you connect to your printer (USB or WiFi)?
Were you installing the software from https://canon.us/ijsetup 

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks, and have a great day!

Pixma MG3620, Windows 11 home, wi-fi, yes installing from ijsetup

I did manage to add the printer to my laptop and install print drivers and everything else is functioning.  I am able to print and make copies and was able to install My Image Garden and other utilities but I do need the scanner utility.  

Exact message I am getting is

The specified pathname is too long.  Change the pathname to within 180 characters.

Windows allows 260 characters so this appears to be an issue with the Canon installer software

Hi,

I recommend reaching out to Canon support for real time support with this issue. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

We look forward to hearing from you. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements