cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG2922 does not print entire length of page.

MrSnrub
Apprentice

I am using a Canon MG2922 printer/scanner. I print 30 labels per page in a 10x3 grid. The last column of labels has a printing problem that I can't seem to fix. Please see the picture below. The left photo is the PDF: this is how the labels are supposed to look. On the right is my scanned-in image of the actual printed label. Notice the stars are cut off and "Romper" becomes "Rompe." How do I fix this?

scanning-problem.png

6 REPLIES 6

normadel
Authority
Authority

What software are you setting up the labels in and printing from?

What specific label sheets are you printing on?

MrSnrub
Apprentice

What software are you setting up the labels in and printing from?

Adobe Reader XI for Mac

What specific label sheets are you printing on?

Office Depot White Inkjet/Laser Address Labels, 1in. x 2 5/8in.

1.JPG

[Commercial link removed per forum guidelines and replaced with screenshot to facilitate discussion.]

normadel
Authority
Authority

Adobe reader is a viewer for PDF files.  It is not where labels would be created.  Did the person who created the label sheet just save it as a PDF file?

It sounds like the image doesn't fit the label sheet. If the only problem is that the right edge is cut off, but all the other rows fit correctly, consider the right row waste.

I also have Adobe Acrobat on my work computer and could edit the PDF if need be. Is there a way to see what the “print area” of a PDF is?

When you choose to print you see a preview of the page as it will print. What you see is what you get.

Creating a label sheet requires choosing the label page layout, like in Microsoft Word, for example. Then it is formatted to fit. I don't know if you can do that in Acrobat.

Sorry, I can't be any more help.

MrSnrub
Apprentice

Well I tried updating the printer driver and that also did not fix the problem. Then I took the exact same PDF and printed it on another printer (a Brother printer) and that printed successfully. I guess Canon printers just suck.

Announcements