cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG2525 USB cable needed

sarahb
Contributor

Hi. The printer did not come with a cable to connect to my laptop.  Can someone please tell me which USB cable I need to purchase? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Stephen

Hi, Sarah!

You just need a simple USB A to B cable. Nothing fancy. You should be able to get it anywhere that sells electronics. It looks like this:

USB A to BUSB A to B

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Stephen

Hi, Sarah!

You just need a simple USB A to B cable. Nothing fancy. You should be able to get it anywhere that sells electronics. It looks like this:

USB A to BUSB A to B

sarahb
Contributor

Thank you very much

normadel
Authority
Authority

What kind of USB port(s) does your laptop have? The cable shown won't fit some computers that moved on to USB-C, or Macs with Lightning or Thunderbolt.

sarahb
Contributor

All the usb charging cables that I currently have (for cell phones, mp3 players, external hard drives etc) fit, and I believe that are all 2.0 USB connectors.  It's an HP laptop running Windows 11.  Probably bought it about a year and a half ago.  The cable I found on Amazon also says USB 2.0.  

Sounds like you're OK, but just FYI, the cable distinction I was talking about is not whether it's USB 2.0. There are different connectors on USB cables, that are all USB 2.0.. The one shown is an A - to- B cable. The A end is the rectangle computer end. It could also be a USB-C connector for computers with that type of port. So one needs a cable that fits their computer.

sarahb
Contributor

Got it.  Thank you!

Announcements