cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG2522 Scanning function keeps disappearing

leftyboss
Apprentice

The scanner on my Pixma MG2522 keeps disappearing. I will download the driver, use it once, then it says no scanner is found.

3 REPLIES 3

James_C

Hello, Leftyboss!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know more information.

Which Computer Operating System are you using (Windows 7/8/10/11 or macOS 10/11/12)?
How do you connect to your printer (USB or WiFi)?
Any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue.
If you're in the United States and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

leftyboss
Apprentice

I'm on Windows 11. The MG2522 uses a USB connection (no wifi).

Hi,

Try switching the usb cable to another port on your computer. If you dont have a extra port, try switching to a port you know that works( mouse, keyboard, etc). Once that is done, plug the mouse or keyboard usb into where the scanner was and then try to scan again. 

If the issue continues, I recommend reaching out to Canon support for this issue. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements