cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG2522 Light blinks 2 times, error code 5100

GageParker1
Apprentice

I have a Canon MG2522. It has a service blink code 2 times. Paper is in and I can’t find any obstructions. The ink cartridge slides halfway to the left and halfway to the right and ends up close to the middle when starting up and then gives me the same blink code. On the computer it said source code 5100 and I’ve researched everywhere and can’t figure out why it isn’t working. It’s the correct paper and in it correctly. Only issue I see is the ink cartridge doesn’t make a full round like something is stopping it but there isn’t anything in it and it changes where it stops depending on where you have it when it starts. Anybody can help?

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

HERE is some information about the 5100 error and how to try and resolve it. If following the steps does not resolve the error, your MG2522 would need to be replaced. 

If the printer is in it's 1 year warranty, I recommend reaching out to Canon support for your warranty options. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

If the printer is out of warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements