cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG2522 Error B200

LostPrinter
Apprentice

My printer was working fine until one day it started showing a B200 error, and would not let me print. I have a new printer of the same brand as the one that showed the error, and the same issue occurred. Flashing between the green power light and the alarm light, the alarm light flashing 10 times in total. I tried to call but to no avail. It said they could not find my phone number. I have turned off the printer and left printer alone for a couple of days, plugged it in again, and showed the same error. The error says I should read the manual and contact but support, but has also been to no avail. I am unsure as to what to do now after trying everything.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Darius
Whiz

Hi LostPrinter.

To access support for the MG2522, create/log into a Canon Account and register your printer HERE.

Regarding the B200 error, if this is continuing to a replacement printer, ensure that you are not using the ink cartridges previously installed in the old printer.  If the ink cartridges were causing the B200 error, it will be resolved by using fresh Canon genuine ink cartridges, such as those that come with the replacement printer.

If the B200 is showing on the replacement with new inks, and the printer is within one year of the original date of purchase, please contact our support (through your Canon Account).  A valid proof of purchase may be required to access warranty options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Darius
Whiz

Hi LostPrinter.

To access support for the MG2522, create/log into a Canon Account and register your printer HERE.

Regarding the B200 error, if this is continuing to a replacement printer, ensure that you are not using the ink cartridges previously installed in the old printer.  If the ink cartridges were causing the B200 error, it will be resolved by using fresh Canon genuine ink cartridges, such as those that come with the replacement printer.

If the B200 is showing on the replacement with new inks, and the printer is within one year of the original date of purchase, please contact our support (through your Canon Account).  A valid proof of purchase may be required to access warranty options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have tried to at least check the ink, but the replacement head won't move for me to even check it.

MBric
Apprentice

This just happened to me as well. The link listed above to register does not work and the solution listed above has not helped.  We are within our year of warranty and looking for a solution. Thanks.

Hi, MBric!  Darius's post was from a couple years ago and the web address has changed since then.  We've updated his post and you can register your Canon printer by clicking HERE.

Hope this helps!

Fla5183
Apprentice

Replacing the ink cartridges seems like a very expensive troubleshooting step. Is the printer so sensitive to ink cartridges that any non-Canon cartridge causes failure?

chrissycook1784
Apprentice

I can't even try that, as the replacement head doesn't move into position.

Hi,

Unplug the power cord and press the power button on the printer 5 times. Then try to move the ink carriage over to remove and reinstall the inks. If the B200 error comes back, the printer will need to be replaced. 

If the printer is in it's 1 year warranty, I recommend reaching out to Canon support for your warranty options. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

If the printer is out of warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements