cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG2522 Driver Installation Stalls

randyphilipps
Apprentice

I am unable to download my drivers for my printer. I'm trying to download them via the Internet and not a CD. Every time I try I get to stage 3 and it will not go anywhere from there, it just says waiting for connection and it never happens.

Does anybody have a solution to my issue.

Thanks in advance.

Randy Philipps

3 REPLIES 3

SamanthaW

Hi randyphilipps,

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what operating system you're using on your computer and your connection method. Have you tried using another A-B USB cable? Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE to check your support options.

Thank you!

randyphilipps
Apprentice

I use Windows 11. I am connecting the printer to my PC with the supplied cable to my PC USB port

JayC1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Randy! Thanks for posting in the Canon Community Forum. I see that you are unable to install your Canon PIXMA MG2522 on your Windows 11 computer.

When the printer is not being detected, I recommend uninstalling the printer driver, restarting your computer, and then reinstalling. While you are in the process of reinstalling, it is important to keep the USB cable disconnected. Do not connect the cable until the setup program asks you to turn the printer on and connect the cable.

Here are a few other helpful hints:

• Make sure that you are using a USB printer cable that is no longer than 6 feet.
  • If you have security software installed on your computer, we recommend disabling it while the setup program is running.
  • If the printer is not being detected by the setup program, please connect the USB cable to a different port directly on the computer (if available).
  • Do not connect the USB cable to an external USB device that is connected to the computer.
  • If you have a desktop computer, please use one of the USB ports located on the back of the computer.

You can follow these steps to delete the printer and uninstall the driver:

1. Turn the printer off and disconnect the USB cable. Leave the cable disconnected.
  2. Right-click on the Windows Start icon (the left-most icon in the bar at the bottom of the computer screen) and select RUN from the small menu that opens.
  3. When the Run window opens, type the words <  Control Printers  > in the box and then click on OK.
  4. When the Devices and Printers window opens, right-click on the icon for the MG2500 series printer and select REMOVE DEVICE to delete the printer. If there is no MG2500 series listed, go to the next step.
  5. Close the Devices and Printers window.
  6. Right-click on the Windows Start icon (normally located in the lower left corner of the computer screen) and select RUN from the small menu that opens.
  7. When the Run window opens, erase the words Control Printers and type the words <  Control Panel  > in its place. Then click on OK.
  8. When the Control Panel opens, click on UNINSTALL A PROGRAM or PROGRAMS AND FEATURES.
  9. When the list of programs opens, right-click on the Canon MG2500 series MP Drivers and select UNINSTALL.
  10. Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the MP Drivers.
  11. Once the MP Drivers is removed from the list, close the Control Panel.
  12. Restart your computer.

When your computer has finished restarting, please open the following website:

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/pixma-mg2522

After the web page opens, please click on SOFTWARE & DRIVERS to the right of the picture of your printer. Then, you’ll see a list of Software & Drivers (showing 8 options). Please scroll down that list and look for the MG2522/MG2525 MP Drivers Ver. 1.02 that is 14.90 MB. It is the FOURTH one on the list.

Please click on the DOWNLOAD button to the right of the MG2522/MG2525 MP Drivers Ver. 1.02. When it finishes downloading, please run it and follow the instructions. Please do not connect the USB cable until that program tells you to turn the printer on and connect the cable.

When the installation is complete, you will be able to use the printer. 

I hope this information helps. Thanks for choosing Canon.

Announcements