cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G7020 product registration not showing on My Account.

DJs1CanonId_247
Apprentice

Today I just registered myself with a User Id. and password just to be able to post a discussion on this board even though a User ID and password was already created to register Canon products.  Now I purchased a Canon Pixma G7020 All-In-One printer maybe around April 24th, but did not register the product on Canon's website until June 16th.  Only I cannot see the product registered even to this day.  Now I had already purchased a Canon MG2522 printer last year and did register it on the website.  It appears there alight.  It was to my understanding that one User ID and password to create an account was all that was needed to register multiple Canon products.  If anybody can help me know what is going on.  Do I register my G7020 all over again ??  I so - why did the website not recognize the first registration in the first place ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dear Mr. shadowsports

You are right - absolutely right.  Maybe I did not make myself clear on that first posting I recently made.  I had to create a User Id and password just to register that first Canon MG2522.  Again - I had read therein that I could use the same ID to register other Canon products as well.  Later I bought this more expensive Canon Pixma G7020 which I later registered using the same log in credentials.  I remember very clearly that the site told me to upload my original purchase receipt, which I did.  I later saw a screen which read that my product had been registered.  However I checked the site some days later and found that nothing had appeared on my user account so that's when I decided that I needed to post something to this forum.  Now that is when I realized that in order to do so, you (us, I, etc.), still needed to create a different User Id and password just to create postings.  There is another gentleman (DJs1CanonID_247), who appears to be the moderator - who told me to register the G7020 all over again.  I mean - I will do so but may later get increasingly frustrated if I later see that I still cannot find this other printer registered in my user account.  One of the reasons why I want to get this done is that I only have until the 25th of July (I think), to add this extended warranty to this bigger printer, of which we only have 90-days to do so after it was originally purchased.  Now if I register this G7020 all over again, and it still does not appear I may have to call that 1-800-number to see what is going on.  Maybe they will take my credit card over the phone to add warranty extension.  This may appear to be a website issue that needs to be looked at.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, DJs1CanonID_247!  Since we as moderators are able to see your forum registration information, we looked up your email address in our account database and you and your PIXMA MG2522 came up.  We don't have anything listed under your name for a PIXMA G7020, though, so we recommend giving it another go.  Just sign into your MyCanon Account and let us know how it goes.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Your MyCanon (product registration, store and service) account is different from your Canon Community Account.

You don't have to own or register a Canon product to participate in the Community.  The same is true for product registration and service.  You don't have to be a community member to own and register your Canon products.

After logging in, be sure you see your previously registered product(s), before registering the new device.  If you don't see it/them, you may have a second account you created by accident.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Dear Mr. shadowsports

You are right - absolutely right.  Maybe I did not make myself clear on that first posting I recently made.  I had to create a User Id and password just to register that first Canon MG2522.  Again - I had read therein that I could use the same ID to register other Canon products as well.  Later I bought this more expensive Canon Pixma G7020 which I later registered using the same log in credentials.  I remember very clearly that the site told me to upload my original purchase receipt, which I did.  I later saw a screen which read that my product had been registered.  However I checked the site some days later and found that nothing had appeared on my user account so that's when I decided that I needed to post something to this forum.  Now that is when I realized that in order to do so, you (us, I, etc.), still needed to create a different User Id and password just to create postings.  There is another gentleman (DJs1CanonID_247), who appears to be the moderator - who told me to register the G7020 all over again.  I mean - I will do so but may later get increasingly frustrated if I later see that I still cannot find this other printer registered in my user account.  One of the reasons why I want to get this done is that I only have until the 25th of July (I think), to add this extended warranty to this bigger printer, of which we only have 90-days to do so after it was originally purchased.  Now if I register this G7020 all over again, and it still does not appear I may have to call that 1-800-number to see what is going on.  Maybe they will take my credit card over the phone to add warranty extension.  This may appear to be a website issue that needs to be looked at.

Announcements