cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G7020 Unknown Error

cksheets
Apprentice

My G7020 printer is currently in an error state but no displaying any error codes to know how to correct it. I have tried turning off and unplugging the printer and resetting the printer. It is still in the error state. How can I help resolve this if I can't access the code in order to troubleshoot it?

3 REPLIES 3

StevenMOD

Hi cksheets,

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly what happens when you try to print and what displays on the printer. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hello,

The printer will do copies directly, but when I try to print from my computer, it reads that the status of the printer is "error, default" and will not bring anything from the computer to print. It says it's connected and beeps when I click find printer. Nothing shows on the screen when I queue up items to print. So my items just sit in queue indefinitely. The actual printer doesn't show any errors and functions like normal when used directly. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Remove and uninstall the printer from your system.  Uninstall all drivers and software applications for it.  If it is connected via USB, disconnect it from the computer.    Restart your system.  Run the installer software following the prompts to re-add the printer.  If you are using USB, do not connect the printer to the computer until prompted to do so.  

Retest after the device has been reinstalled and added to the system

Drivers and applications are available on the printer's support portal.  Choose your OS for the correct software:

Canon Support for PIXMA G7020 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements