cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G7020 Printing very slow

cleetus8
Apprentice

Hi.  I have a G7020 printer that prints, but when it does it is crazy slow.  It will print a line, wait a minute or so, and then print another line.   The print quality is fine; it just takes up to 10 minutes to print a single page. 

I'm running this on 3 different computers that all have the same issue.  Two are running windows 11, one is running windows 10, and all are using WiFi. 

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, that didn't work.  I also did a print head clean and nozzle check, which printed quickly. 

I saw a similar post in the community but with no resolution.   Any help is appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1

HerbertPelu
Apprentice

The article you provided suggests several methods to improve printing speed. First, ensure that your printer is set to the highest quality setting. Additionally, you can try changing the connection method from Wi-Fi to a wired connection, which can sometimes improve speed. Updating the printer firmware and drivers may also help. Finally, clearing the print queue and reducing the number of print jobs in the queue can improve performance.

Regarding your specific issue with the G7020 printer, it sounds like you've already tried reinstalling drivers and performing maintenance tasks like print head cleaning, with no success. Since the problem persists across different computers and operating systems, it's likely not an issue with a specific device or driver.

Given that you've exhausted basic troubleshooting steps, it may be beneficial to contact the printer manufacturer's support for further assistance. They may have additional troubleshooting steps or be able to provide insight into the cause of the slow printing speed. Source: Make Your Printer Print Faster

Announcements