cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G7020 Possible Damage in shipment

treasuredphotos
Contributor

I received a Canon G7020 last night and on the top is says Ensure the box remains flat not turned upside down or on its side, as the printer may be damaged and the ink may leak.  Well, UPS left my new printer on my deck and it was  on its side.  I have not opened the box yet I was wondering if this printer could be damage and I should return it?  I have no idea how UPS carried this unit, upside down on its side to get it to me.  Has any one had a problem with a printer that was handled like this was.  Welcome any suggestions 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I did the setup and the printer was not damaged

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Thats a good question.  I did not think mega tanks shipped with ink in already in their tanks, so the message on the box is confusing.  

Contact Store Sales and Customer Service.  They can confirm.  

Orders & Customer Service
1-800-385-2155
Hours of Operation: 11:00 am - 8:00 pm est.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

treasuredphotos
Contributor

I did open mine and took off the tape.  I have looked all over the machine but, I have not gone any further.  I do not want to assemble the print heads and load the ink.  I am waiting to see what others think.

I did the setup and the printer was not damaged

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Makes sense.  You cannot ship a printer with ink or cartridges installed.  This would risk a shipping accident if tumped over or dried up inks.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Why would Canon have the warning on the box about not turning the box upside down or on its side?

Announcements